Since SAP allied itself with IBM POWER in 2015, more than 300 clients have chosen SAP HANA as their preferred platform for current and future projects. Their responses, time and again have been very satisfactory.
It is a known fact that mission-critical systems need flexibility, resilience and performance. POWER8 systems deliver these at its efficiency, so that the business can focus on deployment options and not the complex layers underneath. It is a known fact that SAP HANA users benefit from the business-critical and real-time analytics that POWER has to offer.
Promise for a Better Future!
- Functionality: IBM POWER8 for SAP HANA gives the benefit of high performance by using fewer cores. It is customized for analyzing large volumes of data.
- Availability: The SAP HANA users get IBM POWER8 high-end availability practically free of charge. All professional business-centric features are included.
- SUSE Linux: Since POWER8 is built upon SUSE Linux, it is almost guaranteed that Linux benefits are provided in real-time. These can be revving up your physical, virtual and cloud-based workloads, accelerating innovation, and adapting to new technologies.
- Advantage Containers: Linux containers are a great way to manage, build and deploy applications. This enables you to run isolated workloads as lightweight virtualization mechanisms.
- Low Overheads: There is always only a single OS that needs to be maintained. If this baseline OS is updated, then all containers are updated automatically. Such is the advantage of containers in a Linux based POWER environment.
At the end of the day, SAP HANA on POWER8 can offer very powerful performance enhancements, reduced complexity and real-time results! Hence, for that wise businessman who seeks substantial tangible results, SAP HANA on POWER8 is the way to go in the 21st century!